Tuesday, October 25

Hello friends!

Bet you thought you wouldn't see me again. lol. Truth be told. I love blogs, I still love cooking, I love planning out meals.....my problem is time! My husband is deployed now, and I'm running a military wives ministry. Oh, and we have 3 kids! Yikes!
One of the things I'm trying to figure out is why is it so hard to cook with my husband gone? If you are a military wife, you know what I'm talking about. It's so hard for me to find motivation to cook a homecooked, creative, healthy meal for just me and the kids. Like I said, I'm working on it. Tonight was victorious!

Caleb choose dinner.....speghetti and salad. I know what your thinking....creative???? NOT!
Well, if I can toot my horn for a sec......I made our own tomato sauce. You would think with as much cooking as I have done, I would have made my own tomato sauce. Nope. Tonight was my first....and....it was a success! Did I mention, the tomatoes came from my garden...oh, I didn't....well....tooooot, tooooot. (that was my horn again, lol)



So the recipe......is not going to be precise. It was a dash or this and a dash of that kind of recipe.

5-6 Ripe Tomatoes
4-5 cloves of garlic
Italian seasoning grinder (mccormicks)
Olive Oil

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut tomatoes in wedges. Chop garlic. lightly drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and garlic on a cookie sheet. Use as much or as little Italian seasoning as you'd like. Salt and pepper. Roast for about an hour. (It smells great!) Spoon all into food processor or blender and pulse until smooth or desired smoothness is reached. oh, and salt and pepper again. (if you want)

No comments:

Post a Comment