Monday, August 3

Grilled Turdey...oh...I mean turkey Burgers with cranberry spread


OK, so normally I would delete this from the meal plan and pretend it never happened....but this week....I wanted you see that I too have dinner's that flop. Yesterday in Sunday school we talked about how we put on this facade of perfection when really we are just human and it's not right for us to portray that quality when Jesus Christ was the only perfect being ever to walk this earth.

So, here I am taking off my mask (and vowing never to make this again) :)

Turkey Burgers with Cranberry Spread
Sounds decent but the texture was......well....weird. Not that great of flavor either. And a big thumbs down to cranberry spread too. It was edible, don't get me wrong.....we ate it (well, rob and I did....the kids....no way)...but I'm putting it away in the mental file cabinet, "Do Not Make Again."

Here is the recipe if you really feel led to try it. If you love it....Great :)

Turkey Burgers

1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
pepper

Combine turkey, onion, mustard, Worcestershire, seasonings. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min. (maybe this is where I went wrong, I made into patties and then refrigerated). Grill over med heat until no longer pink. Warm buns and spread with cranberry spread (recipe below) Add lettuce and pickle and serve.

Cranberry Spread

4 oz cream cheese at room temp
2 Tbl whole berry cranberry sauce
1 tsp orange zest
Mix together until well blended.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment