Monday, January 18

Veggies....Veggies....and more Veggies....

My husband expressed to me earlier this month that he would love more vegatarian meals. I was surprised.....and that was replaced with fear! I'm not sure I can make some great vegatarian meals. Guess what folks? I can!!!! I picked up Moosewood Restaurant Celebrates cookbook and I gathered up some recipes along with my courage and went for it. First, I made a ratatouille. YUM! Here is the recipe I used (it was adapted with some changes from the Moosewood cookbook. Enjoy!

4 cups Eggplant cubed
2 cups onion chopped
1 cup yellow squash cubed
3 cups zucchini cubed
3 cups bell peppers chopped (two colors are prettier:-)
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
3 Tbl olive oil

375 degrees
Prep all veggies. Rinse the eggplant in a colander, drain, and dry with a paper towel. Toss eggplant, squash, zucchini, bell peppers, onions with 2 Tbl olive oil. Spread the veggies in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast for about 40 min until veggies are soft and edges are brown.
Layer half the veggies in a baking pan and top with half the can of Italian tomatoes. Layer on the remaining veggies and the rest of the tomatoes. Cover and bake for 40 min. Serve immediately.
We served ours over some brown rice. It would be great with pasta or polenta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment