Tuesday, May 19

Meal Plan Monday

Yes, I know, it's not Monday. Yesterday turned out to be a little busier than I expected. Next week, I'll make sure to have this done actually on Monday. lol. :)

This week I created a meal plan with my friend, Robin, in mind. She and her husband work funky hours and just want to spend time together and with thier son when not working. But like all of us, we want our families to eat good food not to mention save money on eating out. So, I tried to put myself in her shoes......so I'm thinking easy meals, cooking once and using leftovers in another meal, freezing....stuff like that. Here is what I came up with:

Meal Plan 5

This week, I started something new as well. On this meal plan check out sheet two......yep....you got it.....the grocery list!
My son picking on the quiche on the counter. :)

Chicken and Brocolli quiche. 3 suggestions. Omit the lemon juice, add some hot sauce, and add some cheddar.

This is unbaked in this picture. Just think Arby's hot ham and cheese only this has a yummy buttery sauce!

We should rename this parmesan garlic chicken to "YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS CHICKEN"! It was soooo good! We used the leftovers in the quiche and that was after my husband took some to work, AND I was able to freeze some for the next quiche or quesadilla. :)


Green Shrimp Scampi (we use whole wheat pasta...so ours looks brown) :)

This week freezing instructions:

*Can wrap pork tenderloin in marinade and freeze until ready. thaw completely in fridge before baking. Could also freeze after cooking. Slice and add juice from pan in a freezer bag.

*Can wrap parmesan garlic chicken after cheese coating individually. Just take out as many as you need. Thaw completely in fridge before cooking.

*Can freeze ham and cheese sands after assembled wrapped in foil. No need to thaw before cooking. (this is one of our favorites!!!)

*Yes, you can even freeze quiche! After cooking, cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze. Thaw completely in fridge. Reheat in 325 oven for 20-30 min. Cover loosely with foil if starts to brown.

Dessert this week:

This week I'm making Frozen Lemon Pie (I have an obsession with lemon in the summertime)
3/4 c sugar
1 whole egg
2 egg yolks
1/2 t salt
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
1/2 t lemon zest
1 1/3 c whipping cream
2 egg whites
graham pie crust

In a double broiler, mix sugar, whole egg, yolks, salt, lemon juice, and zest. Over med heat until thick. Remove and cool. Seperatly, beat egg whites until stiff peaks. In a seperate bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into lemon mix. Fold whipping cream into lemon mix. Spread into graham crust. Freeze. Thaw slightly before slicing. YUM! (pictures to come)

More Meal Plans

1 comment:

  1. The frozen lemon pie sounds wonderful! I'm usually all about the chocolate, but my whole family would enjoy this dessert.

    ReplyDelete