Sunday, May 17

SONday

We finally started our garden this last week. We planted corn, peppers, tomatoes, onions, beans, peas, and strawberries. Our conversations have revolved so much around plants growing, the importance of the right soil, watering, sunlight and so on. I'm hoping a number of lessons can be taught to my children (almost 3 and almost 4) through gardening, but this week I'm focusing on the good things that can grow inside of us. Peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, love, self-control, faithfulness are considered fruits of the spirit in the Bible. There are about a million crafts to do on this subject. Google fruits of the spirit crafts....you'll see what I mean. I think we'll be starting with kindness and gentleness (my son can be THE bully sometimes). Danielle's Place is one of my favorite sites to get ideas from. Some are free and some are not.....but great for ideas. We'll be going over Galatians 5:22-26 as well as Luke 8:4-15. I hope and pray you are enjoying God's blessings today (they are there, even if you don't think so) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment