Friday, May 15

Seasonal Saturdays


Every Saturday I'll be blogging about seasonal items and a recipe. (I'm super busy tomorrow, so I'm blogging tonight) :)


Did you know:

Rhubarb is an early sign of spring. It originated in Western China and was prized for its medicinal qualities. The stalk is very tart-the leaves or roots should NEVER be eaten.


Store in the refridgerator in a plastic bag and use within a few days.
My husband LOVES rhubarb strawberry pie......I'm positive I'll be making this soon!
9 inch pie crust
6 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups rhubarb
2 cups strawberries
2 Tablespoons butter
Mix all dry ingredients together and then mix with rhubarb and strawberries. Place in crust. Put little chunks of butter around on top. Sprinkle a little nutmeg over it. Put on top crust and make a few slits. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or till done.


No comments:

Post a Comment