Thursday, October 8

Chilli Chicken Verde

Chilli Chicken Verde

I made this last year for a Chilli contest at my husbands work....it didn't win....but the ladies have been asking for recipe almost daily since....so I guess it wasn't too bad. ha ha ha.
This soup is delicious and one of my fall favorites. It is my MIL's recipe and makes a ton. It freezes really well too. Enjoy!

2 lbs cooked chicken breast or one whole chicken cooked (don't not add skin or bones)
-shred or cube and set aside

2 green peppers, chopped
2 bunches green onion, sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped garlic (or to taste)
4 tsp cumin
4 tsp oregano

-Saute all until soft

1 (11oz) can tomitillos or 1/4 lb fresh tomitillos chopped small
(If using fresh, saute with peppers,onion, and garlic)

2 cans white beans
3 cans large white beans
1 large can white hominy (opt)
1 (27oz) large can green chilis
-Add to soup. DO NOT DRAIN ANY CANS.

4 chicken bouillon cubes

-Add chicken. Add water to make the consistancy you like. I usually add 3-4 cups. Bring to a simmer for about 10 min and then turn off.

-Add
1 bunch of cilantro at the very end. (opt)

No comments:

Post a Comment