Friday, July 31

Disclaimer: I'm Complaining :(

So after a morning spent with my kiddos at the library, I decide to drive through somewhere and treat them to some lunch. The closest place was Hardee's and I knew they would have a salad for me. Now, I don't visit Hardee's too often....in fact....I honestly can't remember the last time I went there......and now I remember why!




I order this:
....A Southwest Chicken Salad.
Looks good, huh. Notice the vibrant green lettuce....the juicy red tomatoes.....the cheese peeking out under a load of chicken. Don't forget the best part.....a southwest dressing to boot. Here's what Hardee's says about their delicious creation:


"A spicy chicken fillet served on a bed of shredded lettuce with diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar, red and yellow onions and a zesty Santa Fe sauce, all in a crispy flour tortilla bowl."

I asked to substitute the breaded chicken for some grilled chicken. They said sure, with an extra charge. I thought.....I hate that....but I'll try it.

This is what I got:


Overcooked tortilla bowl, a heaping of shredded ice burg lettuce, a couple red onion, tomatoes that weren't ripe, and a few pieces of chicken. No cheese, no dressing, throw presentation out the window!
Here is the real kicker.......I paid $4.29 PLUS an extra $1.25 for grilled chicken. WHAT!!! I don't know about you guys, but ice burg lettuce is on sale for .68 cents where I shop.

I'm not normally a complainer (I'm the one who usually calls and compliments afterward) and my expectations are not high for fast food.....but seriously! I'm e-mailing the company. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment