Friday, July 31

Family Friday ~ Listen

I find myself so caught up in what I'm doing at the moment that I often react negatively to my kiddos or don't completely listen to what they have to say. I too often nod my head and say, "uh huh," not fully hearing their requests or statements. (this is not easy for me to admit)
I came across Proverbs 17:6 which says, "Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged;
parents are the pride of their children." It made me ask myself, am I conducting/instructing so that my children are or will be proud that I am their mom? Tough question.

One thing I do know is that I can listen better. Honestly, I could use the little breaks anyway. So, I'm challenging myself to listen better to them, read with them to encourage them to listen, and also listen to things together. Here are a few things I think are great....they are very different from each other but still great.



(purchasing this one helps kids in Africa impacted by AIDS/HIV)



Adventures in Odyssey presents original audio stories brought to life by actors who make you feel like part of the experience. These fictional, character-building dramas are created by an award-winning team that uses storytelling to teach lasting truths. Maybe that's why over 20 million products have been distributed worldwide.

So dust off your imagination and join the kids in Odyssey for inspiring adventures that are flat-out fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment