Friday, July 10

Family Fridays ~ Pray

I recently purchased a book called Power Prayers for Women by Jackie M Johnson, suggested by my friend. (thanks Kim) The whole book is wonderful, but I especially love the chapter on praying for your children. So this Friday is a little different. I usually blog about something fun and frugal for a family to do, but today I wanted to pass on this prayer. It's a prayer on teaching our children the importance and power of prayer.

Lord, I pray that You would help me to be a good role model as I teach my kids to pray. As a spiritual coach, empower me to pray for them and with them. May I provide clear instruction and a consistent example so my children can form good prayer habits. I know that I'm not perfect, but I am submitted to You. I ask that as I follow Your example, Lord, they will follow mine--and be people of prayer. Amen

We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done. He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our forefathers to teach their children. Psalm 78:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment